It is very difficult to maintain your weight, and recently, many young people and children are gaining weight faster than in the past. Some babies are even born obese.There are regions in India where fat people comprise 40% of the population, and soon, half the world will become fat!
Problems with being overweight
It increases the risk of several diseases like high blood pressure, cardiac arrest, diabetes, ulcers, digestive disorders, thyroid problemsand gout. It also causes mental and physical stress.
When you are overweight, you consume more food than your organism needs. Almost a third of the world consumes 50% more food than necessary, but cutting back will easily solve the world’s shortageof waterandfood.
Why do we become overweight?
Becoming overweight is caused by various factors like unhealthy diet, bad eating habits,sedentary lifestyle, and a diet focused on fried food,processed foods, flour, bread, bakes, andpastry.
Are you overweight?
Here is how you can determine whether you’re overweight:
- The best way to tell if you are overweight is by hip ratio and waist percentage. Forget the BMI or lean body mass tests –waist percentage and hip ratio can tell you if you have become fat.
There are ranges that you shouldn’t pass – for women, the limit is 25%, but 2-3% should be okay. However, if you are at 22%, you need to be careful to not go over 25%;
- Have you recentlygained weightvisibly? If you have, you need to make some lifestyle changes immediately.
- Do your clothesstill fit you? This is the easiest way to realize if you have become overweight;
- Have someone told you recentlythat you gained some weight? He probably is right;
- Do have cravings frequently and are you eating more? This is a sure sign of “fatness”.
Fast weight loss diet plan
Once you have proven that you’re overweight, you should put yourself on a diet plan. These are the guidelines you should follow:
- You have to stop drinking water during and after meals;
- Eat a smaller amount than you need –eat enough to feel hungry every 3 hours;
- Consume a watery diet – 25-30% of your diet should be liquid;
- Avoid excessive drinking of alcohol, tea, coffeeandcarbonated drinks;
- Do not eat after 8 PM;
- As a substitute for all those unhealthy snacks, take some lime juice, smoothies, fruit or make some salad. Never snack more than four times a day;
- Walk for 15 minutes four times in a day, before meals.
- Every morning and evening drink a glass of warm water;
- Eat lightly cooked vegetarian food;
- Stop eating junk food;