Despite the fact that cabbage stimulates natural gas, it also provides many health benefits. To be precise, many studies have demonstrated that it can lower the risk of several health conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease. This really healthy vegetable has so much advantages and preventative properties.
It can be used in many cases for prevention of diseases and is extremely effective for indigestion, as well as for minor wounds.
Cabbage can be used alone or in several healing mixtures in order to treat numerous health issues. For instance, if mixed with dried bilberries, watercress, and chamomile tea, and placed directly to the affected area, you can effectively treat eczema.
Actually, one woman used the strong anti-inflammatory properties of cabbage leaves so as use them as a compress to treat joint pain. She placed warm cabbage leaves around the knee and covered it entirely.
She let them cool for a moment and secured them with gauze bandage. Then, she covered it with plastic wrap to keep it warm. The repeated use of this method effectively alleviated the pain in her knee for only one month.
This is just one of all the uses of cabbage leaves. Here are some things you didn’t know about the benefits of cabbage leaves:
Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
The leaves of red cabbage contain anthocyanin, which is a water-soluble pigment that effectively treats inflammation. Additionally, cabbage is high in polyphenol that is related to the reduction of blood pressure and it promotes the health of theheart. Here is what you need to do as a treatment in case of heart disease:
- Use raw cabbage leavesfor optimum results.
- Drink a glass of cabbage juice every day.
- Replace lettuce with cabbage in salads.
- Take two tablespoons of cooked cabbage every day.
Type 2 Diabetes
In people who are at risk of developing diabetes, and also in those who already suffer from type 1 diabetes, cabbage can effectively decelerate the sugar absorption. It’s very rich in fiber and so it supports the absorption of excess glucose. If having diabetes:
- Drink cabbage juice, at least two times a day.
- Eat cabbage as a side dish at least 3 times a day.
- Drink boiled cabbage, and if you want to enrich the tasteadd some lemon.
Leaves of the cabbage are also able to soak up pus from ingrown toenails. This is how you can use them:
- Leave them through the night so as to allow them to act.
- Place some leaves on the affected area and secure them with a bandage.
- You need to repeat this until you solve yourproblem. Change the leaves every day.
Cabbage is so much effective in its fermented form as sauerkrautandkimchi, because it promotes digestive health. It includes probiotics that boost the absorptionof vitamins and minerals.
This is how to use it in case of stomach issuesanddigestion:
- With the intention to treat constipation, consume raw or cooked cabbage.
- If having stomach ulcers, you need to take cabbage juice capsules.
- For treating diarrhea, drink cabbage juice between meals.
The leaves of cabbage treat inflammationsandreduce pain. According to a recent study conducted at the University of Missouri, there is a strong connection between apigenin in cabbage and its so powerful anti-inflammatory properties. For that reason, cabbage leaves compresses can be very beneficial fortreating minor sources of pain.
This is how to prepare them:
- First, you should wash the cabbage leaves and dry them well. Any types of cabbage leaves can be used, but if you can, use red leaves for optimum effects.
- After that, put the dry leaves in the painful area.
- Secure them with a bandage or with an adhesive plaster.
- Leave the compress overnight in order to act.
- Change the compress every day.
Cabbage is very useful in the process of healing the wound. Here is how you can prepare it:
- Wash and dry some green cabbage leaves.
- With a rolling pin, flatten and cut them.
- Place them in the microwave for one minute to heat them.
Apply the leaves on the wound and let them to act. Change them every 2 hours and after some time, do it every 4 to 5 hours.