The most frequent side effect of modern life is insomnia. If sleeplessness is keeping you awake at night, this article might help you. These useful tips can significantly improve the quality of your sleep.
Our biorhythm is generally controlled by a powerful hormone named cortisol. When cortisol levels in our body are misbalanced, ourwholehealth suffers too. The thing that happen are our adrenal glands, which are capable of maintaining the body weight, reducing the stress response, keeping the blood sugar controlled, regulating our sleep and attempting to restore the balance.
Causes of sleep deprivation
If human’s system is healthy and balanced, falling asleep should never be aproblem. Still, if the cortisol levels increase in the afternoon and evening, weare going to feel tired and sleepy. Moreover, it will bemore difficult to fall asleep or if you do, you will probably wake up around 1 – 4 a.m. and you won’t be able to continue sleeping.
The 2 most common culprits of sleep deficiency are high chronic stress,such as stress from work, from finances or your family and blood sugar levels. This is psychological stress, as opposed to stress that is physical. Physical stress includes:
- watching TV for too long,
- unhealthy diet,
- toxin intake,
- Hormone imbalance.
Here are some tips which are extremely beneficial for improving sleep quality in the long run:
- First, you should set a regular sleep rhythm. For example, go to bed before 11 pm. and attempt to go to sleep and to wake up at the same times every day.
- Go outside and stay at a daylight for at least 20 minutes a day. Sun exposure stimulates your brain to secret hormones such as melatonin, which is essential for healthy sleep, aging, and mood.
- Eat 3 hours before going to sleep.
- The bigger part of your daily intake of smart carbohydrates needs to be consumed in the evening. If you eat a small number of calories or nutrients, the cortisol levels will increase, and will results in waking you up at night.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Avoid white bread, rice, flour, and potatoes for dinner.
- Avoid alcohol because it can disturb your sleep patterns.
- Take 3mg of melatonin at nightin order to stabilize your sleep rhythm.
- If you want to naturallyreduce stress, use Ashwagandha, an herb that supports the body into fighting stress.
- Magnolia can successfully reduce cortisol levels thus helping the body to keep stress hormones controlled.
- Last, but not least, note the things that make you feel worried. If you have a preset plan for your errands for the next day, you will significantly reduce anxietyandworries, and that can lead to a better sleep.
Lack of sleep not only affects your creativity and productivity, but it also interferes with your hormonal function. Other problems that might affect your sleep quality include:
- thyroid problems,
- food intolerance,
- heavy metal toxicity,
- chronic fatigue syndrome.