Lately, it was noticed a deadly bug in southern USA that carries the trypanosome cruzi parasite. This parasite causes a disease called Chagas. Almost 8 million people in the world have been infected with this very dangerous parasite and that is the reason why The Center for Disease Control and Prevention issued a serious warning.
This deadly bug comes from Mexico, southern USAandCentral and South America.
The CDCP claims that the disease progresses when the fecal material enters the body through eyes or mouthorgets rubbed into a bite wound. This means that not every single bite by this insect leads to Chagas disease.
This insect is small and looks harmless, but causes heart disease in 30 of persons who are infected. Just like mosquitos, the deadly bug also feeds with human blood. This bug usually bites the victims on the face. At first, the bite itches just a little, but when you start to scratch the area, the parasite enters deeply in the body. And that is the bad thing. Once the parasite settles in, it may lead to heart diseaseandseveral serious diseases.
The bug is commonly known as the “kissing bug” and it’s been reported all across southern US.
If it happensto you tosee one of these deadly bugs, as fast as you cancontact the closest CDC office.
According to the CDC, these deadly bugs can be found indoors in cracksandholes. They can also be found outdoors and in these places:
- under porches
- under cement
- between rocky structures
- in outdoor dog houses or kennels
- in rodent nests or animal burrows
- in chicken coops or houses
- in rock, wood, beneath bark, or brush piles
With the intention to protect yourself against these bugs, you should:
- Remove wood, rock piles, and brushnear your house
- Start using screens on doors and windows and repair any holes or tears
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows, doors, roofs, and walls
- If possible, make sure yard lights are not close to your house
- Keep your house and any outdoor pet resting areas clean
- Have pets sleep indoors, especially at night
If you see anywhere this dangerous bug, do not squash it or touch it. Just put a container over it, close the bug inside and fill the container with alcohol. Afterwards, contact your local extension service, health department or university laboratory for species identification.